Wednesday 18 January 2012

Back to School....

Since the girls decided to go back to school I haven't blogged; it has been a whirlwind week with getting uniforms, filing in forms, organising book bags etc etc..  I have also had to come to terms with another big change so have been reflecting and thinking about things.... I am in quite a good place about it all now although really sad and upset last week.

The girls headed off on Monday and came back full of enthusiasm and stories of school.  They seem to have settled in really well, and when we have had a few challenges (i.e. home-work) Ben and I have just calmly pointed out that they have CHOSEN to return to school and therefore need to be accepting of all the comes with it.  They seem happy though and I am pleased for them; the time out of school has given them the chance to get to know each other and to experience different things, so there really are no regrets and I would  do it again!  Things of course may still change, and they have a full term to decide if they want to continue in main stream school before they can say "I don't want to go today."

Off to school.................


There are no spaces in either of the local schools for Noah, so for the time being we are continuing together.  This week hasn't been a true reflection of how it will be, as Noah was away with his uncle on Monday, went to work with Ben on Tuesday (I had a funeral to attend) and went to History club today and then back to his friends to play.  I will keep blogging what we are doing (although not daily it will be frequently) so you can keep up with developments in the Horler house hold!

One thing for sure - the house is much quieter without the girls and the house is tidier too.

Angela x

No comments:

Post a Comment